有生命的木偶 A Living Puppet

2020年1月1日
评论
637

Long ago in Italy there lived an old clock-maker named Geppetto.

很久以前在意大利,有一位叫盖比特的钟表匠。

Tick-tick-TOCK! Tick-tick-TOCK! went all the clocks in his shop.

他店里所有的钟表发着嘀嘀嗒,嘀嘀嗒的声音。

When he worked, Geppetto felt happy. But when he rested, a sad feeling came over him.

当他工作时,盖比特觉得很快乐。但当他休息时,一种悲伤的感觉涌上心头。

“Ah!” he would think. “All my life and no child to call my own!”

“啊!” 他会想,“我这一生都没有一个属于自己的孩子!”

One day Geppetto carved a puppet from wood in the shape of a boy.

一天,盖比特拿木头刻了一个小男孩形状的木偶。

The arms and legs could move. He cut and sewed a nice outfit for the puppet, as if it were a real boy.

胳膊和腿都可以动。他为木偶裁剪并缝制了一件漂亮的外套,就像它是一个真的男孩。

“I will call you Pinocchio,” said Geppetto.

“我要叫你匹诺曹,” 盖比特说。

That night, Geppetto lay the wooden puppet down onto the bed.

那晚,盖比特把这个木偶放在床上。

From out of the window, a big star twinkled bright.

窗外,一颗大星星明亮地闪烁着。

Geppetto looked out the window to the twinkling star.

盖比特看向窗外这颗闪烁着的星星。

“Bright star,” said Geppetto. “If I could make one wish, it would be that I could have a real boy of my own.”

“明亮的星星啊,” 盖比特说,“如果我可以许一个愿望,那一定是我可以有一个属于我自己的真正的小男孩。”

But of course, he knew that was not possible.

但当然,他知道这不可能。

From out the window, a big star twinkled bright.

窗外的大星星明亮地闪烁着。

That night, the same big star swooshed right into Geppetto’s room. It changed into a Blue Fairy!

那晚,这颗大星星嗖一下直接落入盖比特的房间。它变成了一位蓝仙女!

The Blue Fairy flew over to the bed.

蓝仙女飞到床边。

“Little wood puppet,” said the Blue Fairy. “In the morning, you will be able to walk and talk like a real boy.”

“小木偶,” 蓝仙女说。“到了早晨,你就可以像一个真正的男孩一样走路和说话了。”

She tapped the puppet one time with her wand.

她用她的魔杖点了一下木偶。

“And if you can prove that you are brave and true, someday you will be a real boy.”

“如果你能证明你的勇敢和真实,有一天你会成为一个真正的男孩。”

Pinocchio’s eyes opened.

匹诺曹睁开了眼睛。

“One more thing,” said the Blue Fairy. Suddenly, a cricket appeared. He was dressed mighty fine and could talk!

“还有一件事,” 蓝仙女说。突然出现了一只蟋蟀。他穿得十分考究,还能说话!

“Meet the Cricket,” said the Blue Fairy. “He will stay with you to help you make wise choices.”

“快来见见蟋蟀先生,” 蓝仙女说。“他会和你待在一起,帮你做出明智的选择。”
And with that, the Blue Fairy was gone! Out of the window and up into the night sky.

随即,蓝仙女消失了!飞出窗外,往上消失在夜空中。

When Geppetto woke up the next morning, he said, “I will go take my puppet out of bed.” But the bed was empty!

当盖比特第二天早晨醒来时,他说,“我要去把我的木偶从床上拿下来。” 但是床上什么都没有!

“Here I am, Father!” said Pinocchio from the other side of the room.

“我在这,爸爸!” 匹诺曹在房间另一边说。

Geppetto swung around. “What? You can talk?”

盖比特急忙转身。“什么?你能说话?”

“Here I am, Father!”

“我在这,爸爸!”

“Yep! I am Pinocchio, your boy!”

“是的!我是匹诺曹,你的儿子!”

“How can this be?” said Geppetto in shock. Then he said, “But who cares?”

“怎么会这样呢?” 盖比特震惊道。随后他说,“但管它呢?”

He rushed over and swept the wooden puppet into his arms. “Pinocchio, my son!” he said in great happiness.

他冲了过去,一把将木偶揽入他的臂弯。“匹诺曹,我的儿子!” 他幸福无比地说。

小e英语