变化的鼻子 The Changing Nose

2019年5月24日
评论
384

On stage was a puppet show!

舞台上有一场木偶秀!

“I am a puppet, too!” said Pinocchio. “I can dance like that!”

“我也是木偶!” 匹诺曹说。“我也可以那样跳舞!”

He jumped right onto the stage and started to dance with the puppets.

他直接跳上舞台,开始和木偶们一起跳舞。

“Look at that new puppet!” someone called. “It has no strings!”

“快看那个新木偶!” 有人喊道。“它身上没有线!”

“No strings?” said another. “Amazing!”

“没有提线?” 另一个说道。“太不可思议了!”

Everyone laughed and laughed. They threw coins on the stage.

每个人笑啊笑。把硬币扔上舞台。

The man who ran the fair saw coins fly onto the stage.

举办这个集市的人看到硬币飞在舞台上。

“Well, now!” he said, rubbing his chin. “This puppet with no strings will make me rich!”

“好啊,现在!” 他摸着下巴说。“这只没有提线的木偶会让我大赚一笔!”

The next thing Pinocchio knew, he was picked up and thrown in a birdcage.

匹诺曹所知道的下一件事是,他被拎起来,扔进了一个鸟笼。

“Hey, get me out!” called Pinocchio. But the person who had thrown him in just left the room. Only the Cricket heard Pinocchio’s calls.

“嘿,放我出去!” 匹诺曹喊道。但把他扔进来的人已经离开了房间。只有蟋蟀听到了匹诺曹的呼救。

The Cricket ran back and forth, in and out of the birdcage, trying to find a way to free the lock. But he could not unlock it.

蟋蟀来回奔波,在鸟笼里进进出出,努力地找方法打开这个锁。但他解不开锁。

“I am stuck!” cried Pinocchio. “How did this happen to me?”

“我被困住了!” 匹诺曹哭喊道。“为什么这会发生在我身上?”

All of a sudden, poof! There was the Blue Fairy.

突然,噗!蓝仙女出现了。

“Please!” said Pinocchio. “Can you help me?”

“求求你!” 匹诺曹说。“你能帮我吗?”

“Tell me something first,” said the Blue Fairy. “How did you get inside that cage?”

“你先告诉我,” 蓝仙女说。“你是怎么进到那个笼子的呢?”

“Tell her what happened,” said the Cricket.

“告诉她发生了什么,” 蟋蟀说。

“Well . . .” Pinocchio stopped. Could he really tell the Blue Fairy what had happened? What would she think of him?

“嗯……” 匹诺曹停顿了。他真的可以告诉蓝仙女发生了什么吗?她会怎么想他呢?

“Tell me something first,” said the Blue Fairy. “How did you get inside that cage?”

“你先告诉我,” 蓝仙女说,“你是怎么进到那个笼子的呢?”

“Um, I was robbed,” said Pinocchio.

“嗯,我被抢劫了,” 匹诺曹说。

“Is that right?” said the Blue Fairy with a frown. Pinocchio’s nose began to grow.

“真的吗?” 蓝仙女皱起眉头。匹诺曹的鼻子开始变长。

“Yes, robbed!” said Pinocchio. “By two mean men — no, four!”

“是的,被抢了!” 匹诺曹答道。“被两个可恶的男人——不,是四个!”

The nose grew more.

鼻子长得更长了。

“They took my books. They made me come here. And they threw me into this cage!”

“他们拿走了我的书,把我带到这,又把我扔进这个笼子!”

His nose grew longer and longer. Until Pinocchio could see nothing in front of his face but one big giant nose.

他的鼻子越来越长。直到匹诺曹看不到面前的任何东西,除了一个巨大的鼻子。

“Why is my nose so big?” Pinocchio cried out.

“为什么我的鼻子这么大?” 匹诺曹尖叫了起来。

“Pinocchio!” said the Blue Fairy in a stern voice. “You must know what the truth really is.”

“匹诺曹!” 蓝仙女严厉地说。“你肯定知道事实是什么。”

“I guess so,” said Pinocchio. “I wanted to come to the fair.”

“我猜是的,” 匹诺曹说。“是我想来集市。”

The nose grew shorter.

鼻子开始变短。

“I had to sell my books to get some tickets.”

“我不得不卖掉我的书,去换一些门票。”

“Had to?” said the Blue Fairy.

“不得不?” 蓝仙女问。

“I mean, I decided to sell my books to get tickets,” he said.

“我是说,我决定卖掉我的书,去换门票,” 他答道。

The nose got shorter still.

鼻子仍在变短。

“Then someone put me in this cage,” he said.

“然后有人把我关进了笼子,” 他说。

The nose was back to normal. “Good job, Pinocchio!” said the Cricket.

鼻子回到了原样。“干得好,匹诺曹!” 蟋蟀说。

“Well done,” said the Blue Fairy. “Now I will get you out of here.”

“不错,” 蓝仙女说。“现在我会把你从里面弄出来。”

With a wave of her wand, Pinocchio was out of the cage.

仙女魔杖一挥,匹诺曹已经在笼子外了。

“Here are your books.” And Pinocchio was holding the same new schoolbooks in his hands again.

“这是你的书。” 匹诺曹又手拿同样的新课本了。

“Know this,” said the Blue Fairy, “you are on your own from now on. Make sure you do the right thing next time.” And she was gone.

“你要知道,” 蓝仙女说,“从现在开始,你要靠你自己了。确保下次你做正确的事。” 然后她消失了。

小e英语