快乐岛 Pleasure Island

2020年11月30日
评论
491

Pinocchio was back on the road to school. A Coachman drove up. “Hey kid, how about a ride?”

匹诺曹回到了去学校的路。一个车夫驾着车上前。“嘿孩子,要不要坐车?”

“No, thank you,” said Pinocchio. “I am going to school.”

“不,谢谢你,” 匹诺曹说。“我要去学校。”

“You will ride faster with me,” said the Coachman to Pinocchio.

“你和我一起会走得更快,” 车夫对匹诺曹说。

He said to himself, “He will ride faster all right, but not to where he thinks he is going!”

匹诺曹对自己说,“他确实走得更快,但我不去他想要去的地方!“

“Alright,” said Pinocchio. “I want to get to school right away!”

“好吧,” 匹诺曹说。“我想立马到学校!”

When Pinocchio was inside the coach, the Coachman said, “Say kid, why do you think boys like you go to school?”

当匹诺曹坐上马车,车夫说,“说吧孩子,为什么你觉得像你这样的男孩要上学?”

“To learn new things,” said Pinocchio. “And to grow up, I guess. So we can do what we want.”

“去学习新事物,” 匹诺曹说。“去成长,我猜。然后我们可以做想做的事。”

“Well,” said the Coachman, “what if I told you that you could do what you wanted, right now?”

“好吧,” 车夫说,“如果我告诉你,你现在就可以做你想做的事会怎么样呢?”

“Right now?”

“现在?”

“Yep! Think of it. Skip the books. Skip the school. Right now, how would you like to have all the candy you can eat!”

“是的!想想吧。不读书。不上学。现在,你想不想得到你能吃的所有糖果!”

“All the candy?”

“所有糖果?”

“Yep. Ice cream, too. Of every flavor. Ever want to smoke a cigar or play pool? All this and more, at Pleasure Island.”

“是的。还有冰激凌。每种口味都有。想过抽雪茄或打桌球吗?在快乐岛上,除了这些还有更多。”

“Pleasure Island?”

“快乐岛?”

“Best place in the world for boys like you!”

“对像你这样的男孩来讲,它是世上最棒的地方!”

“Don’t listen to him, Pinocchio!” shouted the Cricket.

“别听他的,匹诺曹!” 蟋蟀喊道。

“Why wait?” said the Coachman. “I know just where Pleasure Island is. This is your lucky day, kid. So what do you say?”

“还在等什么呢?” 车夫说。“我恰好知道快乐岛在哪。孩子,今天是你的幸运日。你意下如何?”

“Let’s go there!” said Pinocchio. “I’m going to Pleasure Island!”

“我们去那吧!” 匹诺曹说。“我要去快乐岛!”

“Augh!” said the Cricket, waving his arms in the air.

“啊!” 蟋蟀说,在空中挥舞着手臂。

“Good move,” said the Coachman. He sped off.

“干得好,” 车夫说。他加了速。

After a while, the coach stopped. “You got a boy with you in that coach?” said a dark stranger to the Coachman.

过了一会,马车停了。“你那马车里带了一个小男孩?” 一个神秘的陌生人对车夫说。

“Yep.” The Coachman grabbed Pinocchio and threw him down onto the ground. “He’s all yours. Now pay up.”

“是啊。” 车夫把匹诺曹抓出来,把他往地上一扔。“他是你的了。现在把钱付清吧。”

The Coachman reached out for something from the dark stranger. Then the Coachman drove off.

车夫伸手从神秘的陌生人手中拿了什么。随后驾车离去。

What could it all mean? But as Pinocchio looked around, he no longer cared. For everything the Coachman had told him was true!

这些都是什么意思呢?但当匹诺曹看向周围时,他不再在乎了。因为车夫告诉他的所有事都是真的!

Heaps of candy all about. Tubs of ice cream in every flavor. Boys like him could eat and eat, and play all day.

到处都是成堆的糖果。一桶桶的冰激凌,口味不一。跟他一样的小男孩可以一直吃,并且玩一整天。

None of them had to work or clean up. There were even cigars if you wanted one, and pool tables to play.

没有人不得不去干活或者打扫房间。那儿甚至还有雪茄如果你要的话,还有台球可以玩。

小e英语