假如给我三天光明 Excerpt from Three Days to See

2021年1月25日
评论
532

假如给我三天光明 Excerpt from Three Days to See

I who am blind can give one hint to those who see—

我,一个盲人,可以给那些能看见的人一个提示——

one admonition to those who would make full use of the gift of sight:

对想充分利用视力天赋的人的一个忠告:

Use your eyes as if tomorrow you would be stricken blind.

好好用你的双眼,就好像明天你就会遭致失明一样。

And the same method can be applied to the other senses.

这同样的方法也能用于其它的感觉上,

Hear the music of voices, the song of a bird, the mighty strains of an orchestra, as if you would be stricken deaf tomorrow.

去听悦耳的乐声,鸟儿的鸣唱,乐队的强劲旋律,就好像你明天就遭致失聪一样。

Touch each object you want to touch as if tomorrow your tactile sense would fail.

去触摸你想摸的每个物体,就像你明天会失去触觉一样。

Smell the perfume of flowers, taste with relish each morsel, as if tomorrow you could never smell and taste again.

去闻花朵的芳香,津津有味地去尝美味佳肴,就好像你明天会再也不能闻到,尝到一样。

Make the most of every sense; glory in all the facets of pleasure and beauty which the world reveals to you through the several means of contact which Nature provides.

好好地去体验每种感觉;所有的愉快和美感方面的壮丽,世界通过自然提供的几种感知方式将它展露给你。

But of all the senses, I am sure that sight must be the most delightful.

但是,在所有的感觉之中,我相信视觉可能是最愉快的。

小e英语
匿名

发表评论

匿名网友 填写信息

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: