英语小短文:孤独 Solitude

2021年1月25日 1 2,308

英语小短文:孤独 Solitude

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

你欢笑,世界会随你一同欢笑;

Weep, and you weep alone.

你哭泣,却只有你独自一人悲啼;

For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,

古老而忧伤的大地必须寻求欢乐,

But has trouble enough of its own.

它的麻烦已经够多。

Sing, and the hills will answer;

你歌唱,山谷应你以回响;

Sigh, it is lost on the air.

你叹息,空气答你以寂静;

The echoes bound to a joyful sound,

快乐之声总能回声阵阵,

But shrink from voicing care.

忧虑之音最终销声匿迹。

Rejoice, and men will seek you;

你欢喜,人们会与你相随;

Grieve, and they turn and go.

你忧伤,人们则会转身离去;

They want full measure of all your pleasure,

因为人人都愿意分享你全部的快乐,

But they do not need your woe.

却没人需要你的苦楚。

Be glad, and your friends are many;

快乐起来吧,你会有很多朋友

Be sad, and you lose them all.

倘若闷闷不乐,你会失去他们。

There are none to decline your nectared wine,

没有人会拒绝与你共饮美酒,

But alone you must drink life’s gall.

然而生活的苦涩却需你独自承受。

Feast, and your halls are crowded;

热闹盛宴,厅内人声鼎沸;

Fast, and the world goes by.

时光如梭,人们擦肩而过。

Succeed and give, and it helps you live,

成功、给予,是你生活的动力,

But no man can help you die.

但没人能助你死去。

There is room in the halls of pleasure

因快乐的殿堂里

For a long and lordly train,

容得下一列宽敞气派的火车,

But one by one we must all file on

然而我们必须一个接一个地排队

Through the narrow aisles of pain.

穿过这岁月磨难的狭长隧道。

小e英语
匿名

发表评论

匿名网友 填写信息

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen:

评论:1   其中:访客  1   博主  0
    • 何 0

      快乐起来吧,你会有很多朋友。。。原来朋友是这么来的,我也要快乐